General Home Remedies
- Take garlic soup to reduce the harshness of a cold.
- A glass of lemon juice also helps relieve common cold and raises the immunity of the body.
- Take onion juice.
- Basil leaves and ginger can be taken with hot water to relieve dry coughs.
- Grapes can get rid of severe coughs when taken regularly.
- Taking a hot shower also helps, since one breathes in the hot steam.
- Apply petroleum jelly to the skin.
- Applying cold compress to the affected area.
- Avoiding nuts and chocolates.
- Drinking saffron tea.
- Eat plenty of oranges since they give instant energy and ward off most unwanted infections.
- Milk may also soothe common fever.
- Dissolve a tea spoon of baking soda in a cup of water and drink. Baking soda acts as an antacid.
- Take bananas that are ripe. Raw bananas are acidic and further aggravate the situation.
- Taking fresh ginger either in meals, raw or in tea also soothes heartburns.
Note: There are simple remedies believed to cure some illnesses.
- Eczema can be soothed through the use of oatmeal.
- Take yoghurt for bad breath.
- Olives help with motion sickness.
- Take a spoonful of sugar to stop hiccups. Sugar stimulates the vagus nerve making the body forget about the hiccups.
- Note that some of the home remedies are not scientifically tested. Although some may be more efficient than medication, one is advised to take them at their own risk.